So I actually spent two days finishing the folio for the meeting with Natalie Bloom. I didn’t think it would take that long. Though I took tons of breaks:P I had to wait for the glue to dry and stuff, so that’s probably it. I’m happy with the outcome and the photos for this folio turned out great, compared to the actual folio I handed in at the end of this semester.
I photographed almost each step while I was binding. The hardest parts was putting on the fabric around the covers and of course the sawing part. I spent all day sawing it. Stupid thread. It kept tangling. At one point it actually broke, as I was trying to tighten it as much as possible. So there’s a knot in there that shouldn’t be there. But it’s not too visible. The binding method I used is called a coptic stitch binding. I’ve never done it before so I used a tutorial on youtube. I’m happy with how it turned out considering it’s my first try.